Skip to main content

clarification of Jannabi's Choi Junghoon's rumors

1. SBS News reporting on a famous band vocalists dad who received the help of Kim Hak Eui and embezzled money.



They mentioned that his two sons were involved in the business and even put a picture of their studio.

Junghoon's clarification:

"Hello, it's Jannabi's Choi Junghoon. I write this with such a heavy heart. 
First of all, regarding Yoo Younghyun's school violence, I truly believe that we were all responsible for it.  Thinking only about music and jumping on this long journey, I didn't have time to look back at the past. As the leader of the band I apologize again on behalf of Jannabi.

And aside from that, I'd like to clarify some things and share the truth about the things that are being published about me. I think it is my duty to tell the truth to my fans who, because of the rumors, are now feeling terrified and uncomfortable for liking my music and making memories with them.

. During my childhood my father's business didn't lack anything.

. However in 2012, my father's business failed and since then I haven't received any financial help from him.

. (2012, Jannabi got formed)

. Instead, I lent my name and co-signed to my father who dreamed of establishing a new business.

. My father was in bad credit due to business failure so it was difficult for him to use his name.

. And that's how my brother and I got our names as shareholders, as a son, I thought there was no question that I had to help my dad. (after looking into it turns out I only have 15 million won invested under my name.)

. Hence, mine and my brother's seal were kept with my father.. in the meantime, I dare presume that the informant of this article and the person who has defamed my reputation by mentioning my name in article comments that are unrelated to me to be the same person. 

. The presumed informants repeatedly claimed that my dad threatened them and used his famous son to rush business approvals 

. The informant also filed a complaint against my father and tried to sue him so many times, but he was always ruled as not guilty.

. As far as I now, my father always went to work, and never avoided any conflicts caused by his business, whether big or small.

. I'm deeply disappointed in the reporter of this article, Mr. Go Jung Hyun for publishing this article trying to drag my brother and my name without trying to properly reach to a conclusion by coming face to face with my father.

. further details regarding my father's business will be personally conveyed by my father, as for the person who I'm really afraid and disgusted to bring up KHE (Kim Hak Eui) from what I know he and my dad were friends before I was even born.

. I never received any sort of benefits through that person

. My father always taught me to not run and hide, I believe that he will also do the same... He promised me that if he's done anything wrong he'll fully pay the price for it and he'll correct false facts.

 I'd like to plead one last time, my brother and I don't have the power and resources to overcome such a big issue. As fans and audience have seen from our performances and on site, Jannabi and Peponi music truly started from the bottom and worked very hard for so many years to get up. What drove my brother and I wasn't my dad's money and connection but rather his failure, I'm very sorry and thankful to my mom who collected all the savings from a shattered household to get us an underground studio and a minivan.

I made music and performed very genuinely, and my brother, director Choi Jungjoon was more truthful than anyone else and ran on his feet to let our name out. And we lived a proper and honest life. 
I'm afraid that my sincerity, music and everything I showed on stage would seem as hypocrisy. I would like to strongly ask people who know my truth one last time. Please be of help to me even if it's small, I'm so so scared, it's so hard and painful for me, I apologize for any inconvenience. "  


2. Choi Junghoon's bullying rumors

People started anonymously posting on various websites that they've been bullied by Choi Junghoon. Many people came up to defend him.

I would post proof 
but I'm out now so ㅠㅠ
I will upload elementary and middle school year book photos at dawn.
As for high school, I moved in my junior year so I don't have photos ㅠㅠ!
______

Hello.
Didn't feel great after seeing the posts about Jannabi, 
so I joined Nate to leave a post for the first time.

I went to the same elementary, middle, and high school as Choi Junghoon
(even though I transferred in my junior year)

We grew up in the same neighborhood so I've at least been watching his school
life since 5th grade. 

since elementary school Choi Junghoon was taller than his peers 
and was popular for his cool looks. He was in the student council
in elementary and high school and he was very social that
every time he'd run to be elected, he would sing asking people to vote for him
10 years have passed but I still can't forget.
And looking back, he always had so many friends around him.

He had an easy personality that he got along with everyone.
He wasn't a nerd that only studied
I remember him always changing into soccer clothes after class
and always play soccer in the playground.
(the reason I know this in detail is because Choi Junghoon's best friend
was a close friend of mine so I often heard about him through him. 
actually he didn't even know me back then but greeted me by saying
"oh you're ***'s friend~", he would joke around so I thought to myself
he's good at talking with everyone else, looks like he's really social)

Anyway, we then got into middle school,
in middle school a couple of their friends became iljins (bullies).

Choi Junghoon was student-president and because he had the nature
of befriending everyone, out of his friends he had friends that played around,
friends that became typical students, and friends that became nerds.

Yoo Younghyun's bullying has been confirmed so I don't really want to defend 
it but as for Choi Junghoon's bullying rumors, its false which is why I'm writing this.

It's true that in middle school some of Choi Junghoon's friends became iljins.
Teachers were having a hard time because of the iljins, Choi Junghoon's friends
were causing a lot of issues. But Choi Junghoon wasn't one of them.

I also believe in the phrase "birds of the same feather flock together" but
Choi Junghoon always had a wide range of friends, it felt like he was everyone's friend?
something like that. It seems like he was misunderstood as one of them when he wasn't.

Such a shame,

and when we got into high school I was in the student council with Choi Junghoon,
I heard it from the students parents committee, I heard that his family's
business took a toll at that time. 

it's true his family was wealthy when he was in elementary school but as he went
up the years, the size of their apartment kept getting smaller and I heard his dad's
business wasn't going well.

So many people are saying that he's a rich guy pretending to be poor,
but in fact even when he was in elementary school and his family was doing good
he never pretended to be rich, and when his family was struggling when
he was in high school, he never showed that and always lived diligently.

 and this is random but,
my friend said he was smart but I'm not sure about that.
all I know is that his passionate for music was unusual since he was a kid,
he was the type to silently walk his way than minding other people.
if someone is bullied he would go in and help them, he was never the type
to bully other people.

At least not during the 10 years that I've seen him.

Because his personality was so simple and bright,
Seeing Jannabi become more and more popular,
I was proudly cheering from a distance.
I'm posting this with so much sadness on my mind
It personally hurts a lot. ㅠ
I do not want him to be in so much pain,
I don't want one person to be destroyed because of
many people.

source

3. Rich pretending to be poor

Ex-FNC trainee video:


video posted by someone who trained with Choi Junghoon when he was an FNC trainee. He said that Choi Junghoon and Jannabi truly did start from the bottom, they would perform on the streets even if no one was listening, they worked so hard just to let their name out and slowly they got booked to perform in music clubs but even then, they performed without getting paid, just to let their name out.


Director of She Music Video statement:




(images as evidence) 

The post is very long so to summarize what he said:
he worked on She with Jannabi and hasn't worked with them since so he has said that they don't have any other connection. He said that the assumptions that he is rich pretending to be poor make no sense at all. He said that even then Junghoon lived in the basement and the members would all sleep there to work on the album, he said they met up near their studio. He said that they weren't famous so there was no reason to pretend in front of him for image-making. What shocked him was that as they went to the car Junghoon's brother, Jannabi's manager told him he wishes he can buy a similar car one day, but according to the director his car isn't even that expensive, he can't believe that someone who lives the way they do would pay broadcast stations to go on their shows.
He also mentioned that through the meetings they had together he didn't notice anything weird about them, in fact, he felt that they are such well-behaved young men with a bright future ahead. And mentioned how the members personally drew and created video props.

source

4. Fabricated military exemption 

Through a correction article posted by SportsWorld, all rumors were denied and it was proved and confirmed with official that Junghoon was indeed exempt from military service due to a knee injury he got while playing soccer in school.


5. Paid MBC to go on 'I Live Alone"  

In the same article, MBC strongly denied and said that it's something that can't happen. Jannabi suddenly blew up and it's not a surprise to get calls from variety show after becoming so popular 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jannabi - 슬픔이여안녕 (ASTEARSGOBY) lyrics

  [Verse 1] I’ve forgotten everything now Or did I lose it all? I came searching for answers But I end up leaving questions behind It was a turning point When I get back home and lay down What kind of expression should I make Waving sorrow’s hands Might be coming or going Or standing somewhere [Chorus] Listen, young pal If you look for the things you lost where you lost them  Sometimes it shines a light that knows grief  [Verse 2] I dislike myself But I also like me who’s like that There was a time when I was repulsed by the frequently glimmering happy phrases  [Chorus] Listen, young pal If you look for the things you lost where you lost them  Sometimes it shines a light that knows grief  [Bridge] Look at me, I’m waving my hands Goodbye sadness, ooh, ooh [Refrain] Wind blows, and rain pours And flowers of a season bloomed, bye bye The clouds are white and the sky is blue I grew up at a certain time, bye bye

Jannabi's Choi Junghoon interview with Elle

  Q. I heard that your mother doesn't like your long hair which you have now become famous for. She even sent in a complaint to one of your radio appearances asking 'Why on earth do you grow it'. A. I didn't grow it because I wanted to. I didn't have time to cut it before some gig so I went on stage as is and the fans really liked it. So I kept growing it since. Q. There's the story with your mom, and looking at other stories here and there, I burst out laughing so many times. It seems like your life is a sitcom without intending it. A. I'm a bit like that. Life is like a sitcom, just like the saying "Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up but a comedy in long-shot." There are obviously things you really hate and you could get stressed but in the long run, it's all comedy. You can only laugh.         Q. Jannabi's 3rd album 'The Land of Fantasy' has finally come out. How do you usually feel after putting out an album? A. This time i